And what should we expect to happen to us as we read through the Scriptures together? This is a dynamic process where God is at work to conform us into the image of His Dear Son. It was reading and preaching through the scripture that opened me to see the revelation of God’s pathway of grace in 2004 and it has been a renewing experience every time since.
Because, I know some of you are reading through the scripture for the first time in an organized fashion, what can you expect to happen in you? You are going to be…
- Acquainted again with the people of the Bible. Faithful people, stubborn people, and people who are longing for God to do something above and beyond what they can imagine will remind us, God is speaking. We are listening.
- Brought into God’s presence. Let everyday be as if God is bringing you in on his counsel and wisdom. God is using this reading time to bring you into His inner circle and is pointing out to you the Scripture that needs to garner your Observation, helping you to make the Application of that word in your life, and leading you in your prayers to be effective for the Kingdom.
- Convicted about aligning yourself to what God deems most important for you. God is going to clarify every aspect of your life. It may not all occur in one sudden burst of understanding. It may happen where you don’t realize you’ve adjusted and corrected some things until after the changes become ingrained as habits in your life. Remember to say ‘Thank you’ and keep moving forward with the Lord.
- Developing patience and getting a sense of God’s big picture of redemption. You are going to develop greater awareness of how your friends and family need the Lord and you are going to develop into the person who is used of the Lord to graciously and honestly bring the wanderer to Jesus.
- Encouraged to stick with the program. The Lord will speak to that. The Holy Spirit will strengthen you in this journey and I will encourage you as often as I can.
Continue reading every day. I leave you with these verses today from Luke 6: 47 – 48. Jesus says, “I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.”